2nd CFP: Generative Linguistics in Poland

Generative Linguistics in Poland glip at uw.edu.pl
Wed Jan 30 03:05:51 UTC 2008

        The 6th meeting of Generative Linguistics in Poland

                         GLiP-6: Reactivation

DATE: 5-6 April 2008
LOCATION: University of Warsaw, Poland
CFP DEADLINE: 17 February 2008

INVITED SPEAKERS:
- --------------

* Ricardo Bermúdez-Otero, University of Manchester
* Gilbert Rappaport, University of Texas at Austin
* Jacek Witkoś, University of Adam Mickiewicz in Poznań

                          2nd Call for Papers

The 6th meeting of Generative Linguistics in Poland will be held on
the first weekend of April 2008. Unlike most of the previous meetings,
this one will have both a (morpho)syntactico-semantic and a
(morpho)phonological track. In other words, we invite abstracts on any
aspect of any generative approach, addressing issues both confined to
a single domain and targeting interfaces/mappings between domains.

Talks will be organized around major topics, depending on the content
of the submissions, with interface topics located at the end of Day
One and the beginning of Day Two.

The format of the conference is 20 min for presentation + 10 min
question time. The language of the presentations is English.

We are planning to publish a volume of conference proceedings (see our
web pages for information on the proceedings of the previous
meetings).

ORGANIZING COMMITTEE:
- ------------------

* Piotr Bański, University of Warsaw
* Beata Łukaszewicz, University of Warsaw
* Monika Opalińska, University of Warsaw

ACCOMMODATION:
- -----------

Accommodation at the university hotel will be provided. We can also
provide assistance in finding other kinds of hotel accommodation.

CONFERENCE FEE:	200 PLN, payable on site
- -------------

DATES:
- ---

    - DEADLINE for receipt of abstracts: 17 February 2008
    - Notification of acceptance: 2 March 2008
    - Meeting: 5-6 April 2008

ABSTRACTS:
- -------

Should be *anonymous* (i.e., they should contain no personal data or
explicit self-references) and consist of ca. 700-1000 words, together
with examples and references.

Because abstract forwarding to referees will be done by e-mail
exclusively, the following are the possible formats of attachments, in
*descending* order of preference:

    PDF > plain text > OpenOffice Writer, Word for Windows

Only one submission per person and one joint submission will be
considered. Abstracts should be written in English.

We will accept *e-mail* submissions *exclusively*.

IMPORTANT: In the plain text part of your email, please supply the
following information:

    - name, title,
    - title of the paper,
    - affiliation,
    - email address,
    - snail mail address

ADDRESSES:
- -------

PLEASE NOTE: ONLY *E-MAIL* SUBMISSIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED

Send your abstracts to:

      GLiP-6 Organizing Committee <glip in-the-domain uw.edu.pl>

For MORE INFORMATION see:

      http://generative-linguistics.pl/