Online book: Empirical Issues in Syntax and Semantics 7

Olivier Bonami olivier.bonami at paris-sorbonne.fr
Wed Oct 22 15:54:27 UTC 2008

Title: Empirical Issues in Syntax and Semantics 7

Subtitle: Selected papers from CSSP 2007

Publication Year: 2008

Publisher: Colloque de Syntaxe et Sémantique à Paris

Electronic publication
Book URL: http://www.cssp.cnrs.fr/eiss7/index_en.html

Editor(s):
Olivier Bonami, Université Paris 4
Patricia Cabredo Hofherr, CNRS UMR 7023 / Paris-8

ISSN 1769-7158, Pages: 444

Abstract:

Empirical Issues in Syntax and Semantics 7 is a collection of selected
papers presented at CSSP 2007.

Table of contents

LOBKE AELBRECHT
     Dutch modal complement ellipsis 	7

ANA ARREGUI
     Resolving similarity in embedded contexts 	35

ELENA CASTROVIEJO MIRÓ
     Adverbs in restricted configurations 	53

JINYOUNG CHOI & MARIBEL ROMERO
     Rescuing existential free choice items in episodic sentences   77

GUGLIELMO CINQUE
     Two types of non-restrictive relatives 	99

DENIS CREISSELS
     Remarks on split intransitivity and fluid intransitivity 	139

LAURENCE R. HORN
      “I love me some him”: The landscape of non-argument datives 169

GIANINA IORDACHIOAIA & ELENA SOARE
     Two kinds of event plurals: Evidence from Romanian
nominalizations 193

JACQUES JAYEZ & LUCIA M. TOVENA
     Presque and almost: How argumentation derives from comparative
meaning 217

JEAN-PIERRE KOENIG AND LIAN-CHENG CHIEF
     Scalarity and state-changes in Mandarin (and other languages)  241

SVETA KRASIKOVA
     Comparison in Chinese 	263

YUSUKE KUBOTA
     Solving the morpho-syntactic puzzle of the Japanese -te form
complex predicate:
     A Multi-Modal Combinatory Categorial Grammar analysis 	283

GABRIELA MATOS & ANA BRITO
     Comparative clauses and cross linguistic variation: a syntactic
approach  307

ULI SAUERLAND
     Pseudo-sloppy readings in flat binding 	331

MARTIN SCHÄFER
     Resolving scope in manner modification 	351

TATJANA SCHEFFLER
     Relevance conditionals as utterance modifying adverbials 	373

SERGEI TATEVOSOV
Subeventual structure and non-culmination 	393

ROBERT VAN ROOIJ
Comparatives and quantifiers 	423