HPSG conferences

Gert Webelhuth webelhuth at uni-goettingen.de
Sat Sep 20 12:51:35 UTC 2008

Dear Members of the HPSG Community,

in July, this year's HPSG conference (the 15th in all) was held in
Keihanna. Both the conference and the preceding workshop were very
exciting in that they presented many new ideas and food for discussion
and thought. The organization was flawless and included a wonderful
conference dinner including a Japanese drumming performance.

I would like to thank the local organizers Francis Bond and Takao Gunji
and their whole team! They made us feel very welcome and comfortable!
This was my first trip to Japan. The visit and the conference have left
fond memories and I hope to find an opportunity for a return visit soon
(not intended to be a threat!).

I am also deeply grateful to the program chair Shuichi Yatabe and all
the members of the program committee. Finally, I want to thank Stefan
Müller for organizing the conference proceedings again!

During the business meeting, the location for the conference in the
upcoming years was established as follows:

2009 Göttingen
2010 Paris
2011 Seattle

In 2012, we might go to Asia again. If that should not work out, then we
have the option of meeting in Berlin.

I hope that you are all doing well! In a few weeks I will send around
some first information about next year's conference.

Best,

Gert