Postdoc positions at Rochester Center for Language Sciences

Jeff Runner runner at ling.rochester.edu
Tue Jan 26 16:41:07 UTC 2010

[Apologies for multiple postings]

Dear colleagues:

The Center for the Language Sciences at the University of Rochester seeks
one or more outstanding postdoctoral fellows for a NIH-funded training
grant. The Center brings together faculty and students with interests in
spoken and signed languages from the Departments of Brain and Cognitive
Sciences, Computer Science, Linguistics, and Philosophy, as well as the
interdepartmental program in Neuroscience. We encourage applicants from any
of these or related disciplines who have expertise in any area of natural
language.  The training faculty has combined expertise in formal,
behavioral, computational and imaging (fMRI, ultrasound) approaches to
understanding the structure, processing, production and acquisition of
natural language, and we encourage applicants who work in any of these
areas. We are particularly interested in postdoctoral fellows who want to
contribute to an interdisciplinary community.

NIH fellowships are open only to US citizens or permanent residents.
 Applicants should send email applications including a letter describing
their graduate training and research interests, a curriculum vitae, and
should arrange to have three letters of recommendation sent to:

Jeffrey T. Runner
runner at ling.rochester.edu.

Review of applications will begin on February 25 and continue until the
positions are filled.  Applicants should indicate whether they will have
defended their Ph.D. thesis by June 15, 2010. The start date is flexible.

Center for Language Sciences: http://www.bcs.rochester.edu/cls/index.html

--
Jeffrey T. Runner, Ph.D.
Associate Professor, Linguistics and Brain & Cognitive Sciences
runner at ling.rochester.edu
www.ling.rochester.edu/people/runner/runner.html