HPSG 2012

Arnold, Douglas J doug at essex.ac.uk
Mon Nov 8 11:54:12 UTC 2010

Dear Colleagues,

I'm writing on behalf of the Standing Committee of the International HPSG Conference.

As you know, next year the International HPSG conference will be in Seattle (specifically: 22-25 August 2011 -- there will be an official announcement in a few weeks). This year it was in Paris. In principle, the idea is that it rotates between Asia, Europe and North America, so ideally, it would be nice if it could be held in Asia in 2012. (For this purpose, we may define Asia to include Australia, New Zealand and in fact pretty much anywhere else you can think of).

The purpose of this email is to invite colleagues based in Asian institutions to express interest in hosting the conference in 2012.

I think previous local organizers will agree that it is not a huge job compared to many conferences (it is a relatively small conference, for example), the local organiser has pretty much a free hand as regards how they set things up, and the participants are without exception models of flexibility, good humour and cooperation.

An expression of interest is not a commitment, and I will be happy to try to answer any questions anyone may have.

I would like to prefer to receive such expressions of interest before the end of December, because we will need to start looking at European and North American venues.

Best wishes
Doug

Doug Arnold (Chair of Standing Committee of International Conference on HPSG)
University of Essex
doug at essex.ac.uk

http://www.essex.ac.uk/linguistics/external/HPSG/
http://www.essex.ac.uk/linguistics/external/HPSG/StandingCommittee/