Fwd: Opening for Linguists in Indian Languages

Ivan A Sag sag at stanford.edu
Thu Aug 18 16:44:05 UTC 2011

ALL, FYI. -IAS

----- Forwarded Message -----
From: Nisheeth Joshi <nisheeth.joshi at rediffmail.com>
Sent: Wed, 17 Aug 2011 23:26:02 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Opening for Linguists in Indian Languages

************************* APOLOGIES FOR MULTIPLE POSTING *************

The Department of Computer Science at the Banasthali University, India
has openings for Linguists in Bodo, Gujarati, Urdu, Marathi, Bengali,
Oriya, Tamil and Hindi.

The position is part of the project "ANUVADAKSH (English to Indian
Language Machine Translation System)" funded by Technology Development
for Indian Languages (TDIL), Department of Information Technology,
Government of India and is a collaborative project which involves
thirteen different institutions. The position starts immediately. The
position is limited initially for two years.

We welcome applications of candidates holding a Master's degree (or
equivalent) in respective languages, linguistics or a related field. We
expect a successful candidate to have a solid background in the grammar
of the language, and a genuine interest in the theoretical analysis of
empirical results. Previous experience with corpus research methods
and/or psycholinguistic experimental methods will be an advantage.

The salary and benefits are provided as per University norms.
Applications should include a CV, an outline of research experience, as
well as names and addresses of references.

Applications received by 30 August 2011 will receive full
consideration, though we will accept applications even after interviews
have started until the position has been filled. Please submit your
application by surface mail to Prof. G.N. Purohit, Dean, Apaji
Institute, Banasthali University, Banasthali - 304022, Rajasthan, India
or or by email to jnisheeth at banasthali.in.

Ivan A. Sag
Sadie Dernham Patek Professor in Humanities &
Professor of Linguistics and Symbolic Systems

Department of Linguistics__________Msg: 650-723-4284
Stanford University________________Fax: 650-723-5666
Stanford, CA  94305__________Email: sag at stanford.edu
USA____________________http://lingo.stanford.edu/sag