HPSG2011 Thanks!

Arnold, Douglas J doug at essex.ac.uk
Wed Sep 7 13:35:07 UTC 2011

Dear Colleagues

On behalf of the Standing Committee for the International HPSG Conference, I would like to thank a number of people for making this years' conference and the associated workshops and tutorials such an enjoyable and interesting event. Of course, everyone involved, the programme committee who reviewed submisions, the speakers who attend and give the papers, and the audience members who listened and engaged in discussion. But I think particular thanks are due to:

 - Berthold Crysmann, who as programme chair was responsible for putting together what was, by common assent, a really good programme;

 - Emily Bender, who lead the local organizing team who produces such a smooth running event in such a pleasant and appropriate environment. Since I did not get a chance to publicly thank the other members of the local organizing at the conference, I'd like to take this opportunity to thank them. They are:

Joshua Crowgey
Michael Goodman
Varya Gracheva
Prescott Klassen
Naoko Komoto
Clarissa Surek-Clark
Emily Silgard
Sanghoun Song
Lisa Tittle
David Wax

Thank you one and all.

Best wishes
Doug Arnold (Standing Co. Chair)
Doug Arnold,                       doug#essex.ac.uk
Dept. of Language & Linguistics,   http://privatewww.essex.ac.uk/~doug
University of Essex,               Room: 3NB.4.207
Wivenhoe Park,                     Tel: +44 1206 872666 (direct)
Colchester, CO4 3SQ, UK.           Fax: +44 1206 872198