Rochester Center for Language Sciences postdoc.

Jeff Runner runner at ling.rochester.edu
Wed Jan 23 01:43:44 UTC 2013

Dear colleagues,

Please share with your graduate students:

The Center for the Language Sciences at the University of Rochester seeks
one outstanding postdoctoral fellow for a NIH-funded training grant. The
Center brings together faculty and students with interests in spoken
languages from the Departments of Brain and Cognitive Sciences, Computer
Science, Linguistics, and Philosophy, as well as the interdepartmental
program in Neuroscience. We encourage applicants from any of these or
related disciplines who have expertise in any area of natural language.
 The training faculty has combined expertise in formal, behavioral,
computational and imaging approaches to understanding the structure,
processing, production and acquisition of natural language, and we
encourage applicants who work in any of these areas. We are particularly
interested in postdoctoral fellows who want to contribute to an
interdisciplinary community.

NIH fellowships are open only to US citizens or permanent residents.
 Applicants should send a letter describing their graduate training and
research interests, a curriculum vitae, and arrange to have three letters
of recommendation sent to: Professor Jeffrey T. Runner, c/o Kathy Corser (
kcorser at bcs.rochester.edu).  Review of applications will begin on February
20, 2013 and continue until the position is filled.  Appointees must have
successfully defended their dissertation prior to the start date, which is
June 15, 2013. We strongly encourage applications from women and members of
under-represented minorities.

Jeff

--
Jeffrey T. Runner, Ph.D.
Associate Professor, Linguistics and Brain & Cognitive Sciences
Director, Center for Language Sciences
University of Rochester
Lattimore 511A
River Campus Box 270096, Rochester, NY  14627
585-275-2626 (Office)
585-273-1088 (Fax)
585-275-8053 (Linguistics)
585-275-1844 (CLS)
Jeffrey.Runner at Rochester.edu
www.ling.rochester.edu/people/runner/runner.html
www.bcs.rochester.edu/cls/
"Asking a linguist how many languages they speak is like asking a doctor
how many diseases they have." ---Unknown