Job: Assistant Professor position at University at Buffalo, SUNY

Rui Chaves rchaves at buffalo.edu
Tue Jul 9 13:00:50 UTC 2013

[Apologies for multiple postings]

The Department of Linguistics at the University at Buffalo anticipates
hiring a tenure-track Assistant Professor beginning Fall 2014. We are
looking for someone with a strong research record in the application
of corpus, computational, or quantitative methods to the study of
language, particularly in the area of syntax. Additional
specializations are welcome. The successful applicant will be expected
to teach courses at all levels as well as serve on thesis committees,
establish and maintain a robust research program, pursue external
funding when available and provide service to the University and
discipline. We will begin to review applications on November 1, 2013
and will continue until the position is filled. Applicants should
submit electronically a letter of application, Curriculum Vitae, and
three letters of reference at the application URL
(http://ubjobs.buffalo.edu). Research statement and samples of work
are required for a complete application. They may be attached via the
UB Jobs automated system, or sent under separate cover by email to
sysell at buffalo.edu.

The University at Buffalo is an AA/EO employer; we encourage
applications from all sectors, including underrepresented groups.

Rui P. Chaves, PhD
Assistant Professor
Department of Linguistics, University at Buffalo - SUNY

Mail: 609, Baldy Hall, Buffalo NY 14260-1030
Phone: (+1 716) 645-0133