Plan your summer: ESSLLI, FG, HMGE13, COW-Tutorial, ProgLing-Workshop, HPSG 2013

Stefan Müller Stefan.Mueller at fu-berlin.de
Mon Mar 4 10:14:31 UTC 2013

Hi everybody,

It is time to plan your summer. This year a lot of interesting things
happen in August:

05.08.–16.08.2013 ESSLLI in Düsseldorf

There will be cours­es by Hans Kamp, Bob Levine, Ste­fan Müller, Ger­ald
Penn, Carl Pol­lard, Man­fred Sail­er. Some of the cours­es
ex­plic­it­ly deal with HPSG some with re­lat­ed top­ics.

In the second week I will teach a course "An Introduction to Grammar
Development" http://hpsg.fu-berlin.de/~stefan/Lehre/GE-Trale/

There will be a workshop on "High-level Methodologies for Grammar
Engineering" by Denys Duchier and Yannick Parmentier

http://www.univ-orleans.fr/lifo/evenements/HMGE13/

(Deadline March 10th)

The Formal Grammar conference will also be part of ESSLLI.

http://www.cs.st-andrews.ac.uk/~mjn/FG2013/

(Deadline March 31st)

After this you will have one week of holiday in Berlin (a cheap city if
compared to Paris, London, the US or other cities in Germany).

Monday 26th of August we have a tutorial about large corpora at the FU:

http://hpsg.fu-berlin.de/Events/HPSG2013/cow-tutorial.html

and on Tuesday a workshop on Progress in Linguistics featuring talks by
Artemis Alexiadou, Peter Culicover, Gisbert Fanselow, Andreas Pankau,
Nigel Vincent, Timm Lichte, and me.

http://hpsg.fu-berlin.de/Events/HPSG2013/progling.html

And then two days of HPSG conference.

The deadline for submissions is March 8th.

I am looking forward to see all of you in Berlin!

Best wishes

         Stefan

--
Stefan Müller       Tel: (+49) (+30) 838 52973
                     Fax: (+49) (030) 838 4 52973

http://hpsg.fu-berlin.de/~stefan/

http://hpsg.fu-berlin.de/OALI/ (Open Access)

http://hpsg.fu-berlin.de/Projects/CoreGram.html