copy editors sought for Journal of Language Modelling

Adam Przepiorkowski adamp at ipipan.waw.pl
Tue Nov 5 13:28:53 UTC 2013

Dear All,

Since at the Journal of Language Modelling (JLM; http://jlm.ipipan.waw.pl/)
we are receiving submissions dealing with LFG, TAG, HPSG, etc., we would
like to extend our team of copy editors by a couple of people interested
in such formalisms (as it is easier to copy edit a paper you
understand).

JLM is open-access and free for all (authors and readers), and we all
work on a voluntary basis, so we cannot offer any renumeration, but if you
like finding typos, are interested in a new experience and don't mind an
an additional line in your CV, this might be a unique opportunity for
you!  Note that – with a number of copy editors working for JLM
(currently 3) - workload should be relatively small and consist in
editing a paper or two every half a year.  Note also that if you've
spotted at least three problems in this paragraph, you're a natural copy
editor![*]

Ideally, copy editors should:

• be native English speakers (or perhaps near-native graduates of
  English philology),
• have a good grasp of English editorial conventions,
• have some knowledge of LaTeX.

Technically, copy editing is performed by adding annotations to a
LaTeX source according to specifications in the instruction for authors
(and copy editors; http://nlp.ipipan.waw.pl/ojs/public/jlm-latex.zip).

We think that such occasional copy editing is a potentially interesting
experience for PhD students of linguistics or related fields; if you
are a senior researcher, please, consider forwarding this announcement
to your students.

We will be looking forward to receiving notes of interest.  When
replying, write to jlm at chopin.ipipan.waw.pl and state any relevant
experience and interests.

Best regards,

Adam P.

[*] “renumeration” --> “remuneration”, “an an” --> “an”, the use of a
hyphen (“-”) as a dash (pause), instead of the previously used n-dash
(“–”)

--
Adam Przepiórkowski                          ˈadam ˌpʃɛpjurˈkɔfskʲi
http://clip.ipipan.waw.pl/ ____ Computational Linguistics in Poland