Revision of HPSG Proceedings from 2003-2012 the is google scholar compliant

Stefan Müller Stefan.Mueller at fu-berlin.de
Thu Oct 17 06:37:22 UTC 2013

Hi Francis,

> could you tell me (and maybe everyone) what you did to make them more
> parsible by Google Scholar?

Well first there is the Meta-Information. For instance if you look at
this abstract you will find the following meta information in the source
code of the HTML file:

http://www.stanford.edu/group/cslipublications/cslipublications/HPSG/2005/abstr-hashimoto-bond.shtml

<!-- for google scholar -->
Treatment of V-V Compounds in Japanese">
International Conference on Head-Driven Phrase Structure Grammar">
content="http://cslipublications.stanford.edu/HPSG/2005/hashimoto-bond.pdf">

If you look at the PDF you will notice that the font size of the title
is much bigger than usual when titles are typeset with LaTeX. The
authors are separated by colons and are in a font size that is smaller
than the title but considerably larger than the other text.

There is no affiliation information on the title page of the papers
(tables with this stuff mixed in confuse GS).

The title pages that we had until now just had the same font for
everything, which was not machine friendly. (The result was that I was a
coauthor of all HPSG papers published in the proceedings since 2003 ...)

Apart from this the title page now contains the correct proceedings
title and page numbers. The single contribution PDFs are also page
numbered. So this is an improvement for both humans and robots.

I hope I did not break anything and that the world is a bit better now,
at least as far as this web-server in Stanford is concerned ...

Best wishes

         Stefan

PS: There is a "docu" by google:

http://www.google.com/intl/en/scholar/inclusion.html#indexing

Best
	Stefan

--
Stefan Müller       Tel: (+49) (+30) 838 52973
                     Fax: (+49) (030) 838 4 52973

http://hpsg.fu-berlin.de/~stefan/

http://hpsg.fu-berlin.de/OALI/ (Open Access)

http://hpsg.fu-berlin.de/Projects/CoreGram.html