freeing books (Complex Predicates for a start)

Stefan Müller Stefan.Mueller at fu-berlin.de
Fri Sep 13 01:26:49 UTC 2013

Dear colleagues,

There is a new crowd funding platform that has the goal of making books
available under the Creative Commons license. Right holders (authors or
publishers) can start crowd funding campaigns to raise money to buy the
books back from commercial publishers and to release them as
e-books/PDFs under a Creative Commons license. If you find this idea
interesting you can register with unglue.it and add books to your
wishlist. Once an unglueing campaign is started you will get informed
and can contribute.

I started an ungluing campaign for my Complex Predicate book published
by CSLI Publications:

https://unglue.it/work/117745/#

Personally, I would join any campaign for unglueing books I bought and
any HPSG, LFG, TAG-related work. I would pay a third of the list price
to make these books publicly available. Dikran Karagueuzian from CSLI
Publications knows about this initiative.

Let's make our research results freely available!

Best wishes

         Stefan

--
Stefan Müller       Tel: (+49) (+30) 838 52973
                     Fax: (+49) (030) 838 4 52973

http://hpsg.fu-berlin.de/~stefan/

http://hpsg.fu-berlin.de/OALI/ (Open Access)

http://hpsg.fu-berlin.de/Projects/CoreGram.html