Fwd: Call: Formal Approaches to Creole Studies 4 (FACS-4), Paris, 6-7 Nov 2014, ddl 12 June 2014

Olivier Bonami olivier.bonami at PARIS-SORBONNE.FR
Wed Apr 2 08:19:32 UTC 2014

Call for papers
Formal Approaches to Creole Studies 4 (FACS-4)
Paris, France
06-Nov-2014 - 07-Nov-2014

This workshop aims to bring together researchers who share
an interest in the formal study of creole languages.
This workshop follows up on three previous workshops:

- FACS I, held in 2008 at CASTL, University of Tromsø
- FACS II, held in 2010 at ZAS, Berlin
- FACS III, held in 2012 at the University of Lisbon

Invited Speakers:

- Dany Adone (Cologne University)
- Pieter Muysken (Radboud Universiteit Nijmegen)
- Anne Zribi-Hertz (UMR 7023, Paris-8 & CNRS)

We invite abstracts that address theoretical and formal aspects in Creole Studies,
from all the subfields of generative research, syntax, semantics, phonology, and morphology.

Submissions will be for 30-minute presentations (plus 10-minute discussions).

Abstracts should be at most 2 pages in length (including examples and references) written in French or English.

Abstracts must be anonymous and should be sent by email (.txt, .doc, .rtf, .ps or .pdf) to: creoles at gmx.net. Please use Times New Roman 12pt, with single-spacing.

Please write the (first) author's name plus the word 'abstract' in the subject line of your message (e.g., 'Dupont abstract'), and include:

- Author name(s)
- Affiliation(s)
- Contact information
- The title of the abstract in the body of the email.

For co-authored papers indicate the email address that we should use for correspondence.

For more information: http://www.umr7023.cnrs.fr/Formal-Approaches-to-Creole.html
Email: creoles at gmx.net

Important Dates:

Abstract submission deadline: 12 June 2014
Notification of acceptance: 7 July 2014
Conference: Thursday and Friday, 6-7 November 2014

Scientific Committee:

Patricia Cabredo Hofherr (UMR 7023, CNRS & Paris-8)
Tjerk Hagemeijer (Lisbon)
Alain Kihm (UMR7110 - LLF, Paris 7 & CNRS)
Ana Luis (Coimbra)
Emmanuel Schang (Orléans)
Tonjes Veenstra (ZAS Berlin)
Florence Villoing (UMR 7023, Paris-8 & CNRS)
Anne Zribi-Hertz (UMR 7023, Paris-8 & CNRS)

We gratefully acknowledge the support of:

- l’UMR 7023 Structures formelles du langage (SFL) (CNRS & Paris 8)
- l’UMR 7270 Laboratoire Ligérien de Linguistique (LLL) Univ. Orléans & CNRS
- l’UMR 7110 Laboratoire de Linguistique Formelle (Univ. Paris 7 & CNRS)
- the GDRi The Structure, Emergence and Evolution of Pidgin and Creole Languages (SEEPiCLa)

Organizers:

Patricia Cabredo Hofherr (UMR 7023, Paris-8 & CNRS)