Plagirism again, please join the discussion on research gate

farrell ackerman fackerman at UCSD.EDU
Sat Mar 29 20:39:17 UTC 2014

If all of this is at it seems, this is revealing itself as a sort of
artistry:  the impulse to create articles based entirely on
pieces of other peoples' publications seems engagingly perverse, while
the talent for
culling and contextualizing is wondrous.  -Farrell

On Mar 29, 2014, at 12:30 PM, Detmar Meurers wrote:

> Hi Stefan,
>
>> Just in case there is any doubt: I put together a file with the
>> stolen
>> passages marked:
>>
>> http://hpsg.fu-berlin.de/~stefan/Plagiarism/TYPOLOGICA_CarmenCastro.pdf
>>
>> This document contains pointers to the original work for comparison.
>
> thank you for making the case public - it truly seems to be a striking
> case of plagiarism. I had a look at the beginning of the paper (one of
> the few parts not copied from your work - and so far everything I
> checked also was copied from other sources!
>
> The first sentence is an almost verbatim copy from Jokinen's 2005
> dissertation, cf.  p. 13 of
> http://tampub.uta.fi/bitstream/handle/10024/67550/951-44-6453-2.pdf?sequence=1
>
> The next sentences "Aus DaZ-didaktischer Perspektive gelten
> ... bewältigt werden." is taken from  Beate Lütke's article:
> http://books.google.de/books?id=YXHYAAAAQBAJ&lpg=PA33&ots=iPlNlH6SWO&dq=%22DaZ-didaktischer%20Perspektive%20gelten%22%20pr%C3%A4positionale%20Verbindungen%20im%20ungesteuerten%20Kontext%20als%20schwer%20zu%20erwerbende%20Strukturen%22&hl=de&pg=PA33#v
> =onepage&q=%22DaZ-didaktischer%20Perspektive%20gelten%22%20pr
> %C3%A4positionale%20Verbindungen%20im%20ungesteuerten%20Kontext%20als
> %20schwer%20zu%20erwerbende%20Strukturen%22&f=false
>
> The next part about kognitivistische Modelle is again copied, from
> another
> publication of Beate Lütke:
> http://books.google.de/books?id=cmXJqJ9UbFoC&lpg=PA95&ots=onWTl5rM0L&dq=%22L2-Aneignungsprozess%20%C3%BCber%20eine%20Prozessfolge%20verlaufe%22&hl=de&pg=PA95#v
> =onepage&q=%22L2-Aneignungsprozess%20%C3%BCber%20eine%20Prozessfolge
> %20verlaufe%22&f=false
>
> Unbelievable.
>
> All the best,
> Detmar
>
>> If you are on researchgate you may Open Review her paper or
>> downvote it.
>> downvote is anonymous, so doing a review might be better for her.
>> That
>> way she can see the faces of people who disapprove of such a
>> behavior.
>>
>> I also started a discussion of the paper which you may join (or just
>> upvote):
>>
>> https://www.researchgate.net/post/Shouldnt_this_paper_be_withdrawn_from_researchgate_Plagiarism
>>
>> Thanks for your support!
>>
>> Best wishes
>>
>>        Stefan
>>
>> --
>> Stefan Müller       Tel: (+49) (+30) 838 52973
>>                    Fax: (+49) (030) 838 4 52973
>> Institut für Deutsche und Niederländische Philologie
>> Deutsche Grammatik
>> Habelschwerdter Allee 45
>> 14 195 Berlin
>>
>> http://hpsg.fu-berlin.de/~stefan/
>>
>> http://langsci-press.org/
>>
>> http://hpsg.fu-berlin.de/Projects/CoreGram.html
>
> --
> --
> [...]

Farrell Ackerman
Professor, Dept. of Linguistics UCSD
Director of Human Development Program UCSD