asking for help

frank gudunj at 126.COM
Fri May 2 15:11:56 UTC 2014

Dear Colleagues,

    I am studying whether there are any differences between light verb constructions like 'have a rest, take walk'and COC 'laugh a laugh, live a life'

         As for COC  and LVC  soemtimes they are synonymous.
   Based on your intuition, are the two structures with the same meaning substitutable in real situations?
   For example,
   (1)  It was a nightmare at the time, but afterwards we all had a good laught about it.

     Qs: Can I use 'laugh' instead of 'had'?
   If yes or not ,why yes or not ?
  (2)  I had a really weird dream last night.
       Can I replace 'had' with 'dreamt'?    If yes or not ,why yes or not?

   Thank you very much!

    Aipu Zhang (Associate Prof. Nanjing Xiaozhuang U, China)