[HPSG-L] Asking for help

frank gudunj at 126.com
Sun Apr 19 14:42:40 UTC 2015

Hello:
Thank you for the immediate reply.

But what do you think of that  if the word "that"   is embedded?

   So it becomes
  (1) What book did he make a claim that I couldn't read?

But in a book written by a linguist from USA, the author claimed that the sentences below are absolutely right.
(2) How much money are you making the claim that the company squandered?
(3) Who did you make the claim that I was acquainted with?
   So my intuition is that
   In sentence (1) , if the conjunctive pronoun "that " is omitted, the sentence sounds strange.
   What do you think of my judgement?
   Aipu