[HPSG-L] Plagirism

Stefan Müller Stefan.Mueller at fu-berlin.de
Thu Jan 15 08:23:33 UTC 2015

Dear all,

The university of Sevillia informed me that Ms. Carmen Cayetana Castro
Moreno was found guilty of plagiarism in the two cases Graeme Hirst and
me complained about: Graeme Hirst's paper copied almost entirely from a
Springer handbook and another paper that consisted largely of my Vorfeld
paper but additionally contained material by Beate Lüdtke and Eija Jokinen.

http://hpsg.fu-berlin.de/~stefan/Plagiarism/TYPOLOGICA_CarmenCastro.pdf

For these two cases she got a penalty of three month suspension from her
job without payment for each case.

Greetings from Berlin

	Stefan

PS: I will remove the pdf file and respective messages from my twitter
account later this year. And if the LFG and HPSG community agrees, we
should remove the mails containing Ms. Castro's name from the mail
archives as well. A better solution may be to anonymize Ms. Castros name
and keep the remaining unpleasant stuff as documentation. @Damir: Would
this be possible? Would it be worth it?

	St.

PPS: Some of her GRIN publications are still available on amazon market.
They are rarities now and are sold for app. 160€.

St.

--
Stefan Müller       Tel: (+49) (+30) 838 52973
                    Fax: (+49) (030) 838 4 52973

http://hpsg.fu-berlin.de/~stefan/

http://langsci-press.org/

http://hpsg.fu-berlin.de/Projects/CoreGram.html