[HPSG-L] Selection of phonology in nonlocal dependencies and raising

David Moeljadi davidmoeljadi at gmail.com
Tue Mar 1 13:06:03 UTC 2016

Not long enough as in Georgia, maybe, but in Indonesian:
Prefix "ber-" becomes "be-" if the first syllable of the root ends with
"-er",
e.g. "b*er*-" + "k*er*ja" ("k*er*" is the first syllable) > "b*e*k*er*ja"
(not *b*er*k*er*ja)
       "b*er*-" + "t*er*nak" ("t*er*" is the first syllable) > "b*e*t*er*nak"
(not *b*er*t*er*nak)