[HPSG-L] Financing of community-based open access initiative Language Science Press

Stefan Müller St.Mueller at hu-berlin.de
Fri Oct 14 06:08:00 UTC 2016

Dear everybody,

Language Science Press is a community-based open access initiative. By
now we have 30 books published, one already in its second, extended
edition. Among them many classics in linguistics and textbooks. 10 are
in the pipeline.

Publication is free for readers and authors.

http://langsci-press.org//about

However, there are certain irreducible costs connected to high-quality
publications. Language Science Press now starts a Library Partnership
model with  Knowledge Unlatched. If you want to support us, please talk
to your library or institute and inform us about the outcome.

This blog post contains further information about the partnership, about
the costs of book production and about the financing model:

http://userblogs.fu-berlin.de/langsci-press/2016/10/13/cooperation-between-language-science-press-and-knowledge-unlatched/

Apart from the library program there are many other ways of supporting
us (establishing series, publish books with us, (open) reviewing,
proofreading, typesetting, donating, or just subscribe and show your
support of the project on our page ...). Please find more information here:

http://langsci-press.org//about/support

Thanks for your support!

Best wishes

        Stefan

--
PGP welcome

Stefan Müller       Tel: (+49) (+30) 2093 9631

Institut für deutsche Sprache und Linguistik
Dorotheenstraße 24
10117 Berlin

http://hpsg.fu-berlin.de/~stefan/

http://langsci-press.org/