[HPSG-L] Is *remind* an object control verb

Tibor Kiss tibor at linguistics.rub.de
Wed Aug 30 07:22:51 UTC 2017

Dear native speakers of English on this list,

I would like to know whether *remind*, when used with a non-finite complement, should be analysed as a object control verb.

OALD assumes (implicitly, by paraphrase) that *remind*, when used with an infinitive, is an object control verb (INFLUENCE-type in PS 1994):

(1) remind someone_i [PRO_i to do something]

I am keen to know whether *remind*+infinitive could be used as a non-control-verb.

Thanks

T.