[HPSG-L] [EOTMS Handbook] Handbook on HPSG in Open Access

Stefan Müller St.Mueller at hu-berlin.de
Mon Dec 4 13:32:23 UTC 2017

Hi everybody,

This mail is to inform you that we are working on a handbook on HPSG.

https://hpsg.hu-berlin.de/Projects/HPSG-handbook/

The book is edited by Anne Abeillé, Bob Borsley, JP Koenig and me. It
will be published by Language Science Press as Diamond Open Access,
which means it is free for both authors and readers. Of course high
quality printed books will also be availible. For moderate prices.

The outline of the book is at the web-page. If you have comments we
would be interested to learn about your opinion.

The papers will be published under a CC-BY licence which makes it
possible to include the material in other Open Access handbooks projects
and it can be used for teaching. By providing this handbook we adress
the increasing frustration about the handbook
disesase: Comercial publishers keep us busy by producing tons of
handbooks on XY but the knowledge is not really accessible. Our
libraries buy these handbooks for lots of money and due to restrictive
licenses the books are not even usable for teaching (e.g. Paragraph 52a
in Germany).

Makeing handbooks available as open access publications solves all
these problems.

So, if you have comments on the project, please let us know.

Best wishes

        Stefan, Anne, Bob, JP