[HPSG-L] Golberg, Pinker, Chomsky: Financing Language Science Press via Libraries (Knowledge Unlatched)

Stefan Müller St.Mueller at hu-berlin.de
Sun Mar 26 09:06:59 UTC 2017

Dear colleagues,

You heard about Language Science Press from time to time. The initiative
exists for almost five years now and we have published a lot of books,
free for both authors and readers:

http://langsci-press.org/catalog

This scholar-owned outlet is very successful. See this report about the
past year:

http://userblogs.fu-berlin.de/langsci-press/2017/01/31/1144/

Language Science Press was supported by the German Research Foundation
to develop a sustainable business model. Part of this business model are
institutional members and also private members. We now officially
cooperate with Knowledge Unlatched, who already work with libraries
world wide to turn published books into Open Access books. KU will
organize the institutional support via libraries for us. Libraries will
pay 1000€ per year for three years to support the creation of 30 books
per year by Language Science Press.

If you think Language Science Press is important for the field and worth
supporting, please talk to your colleagues so that your library can
reserve the respective budget for us.

This is a prospectus for you and your librarians:

http://www.knowledgeunlatched.org/2017/03/ku-launches-language-science-press/

As you can see there, Adele Goldberg, Steven Pinker and Noam Chomsky
support Language Science Press in general and the cooperation with KU in
particular.

When we had 100 supportes, I donated 100€ to Language Science Press and
promised to donate 1000€ when we reach 1000 supporters. We have 850 now:

http://langsci-press.org/supporters

If you really hate me and want to see me suffer and donate the money,
register here:

http://langsci-press.org/user/register

If you really like the initiative, you should also register. You would
not be alone. Ivan, Charles Fillmore, Paul Kay, Adele Goldberg, Steven
Pinker, Noam Chomsky and Tibor signed already. (and lots of other famous
people on this list)

Let's change the world

        Stefan

--
PGP welcome

Stefan Müller       Tel: (+49) (+30) 2093 9631

Institut für deutsche Sprache und Linguistik
Humboldt Universität zu Berlin
Dorotheenstraße 24
10117 Berlin

http://hpsg.fu-berlin.de/~stefan/