[HPSG-L] Reviewers/proofreaders for Chinese volume on grammar theory TAG, LFG, HPSG, CG and formal stuff wanted

Stefan Müller St.Mueller at hu-berlin.de
Wed Jun 27 13:56:22 UTC 2018

Dear colleagues,

The book project that translated my grammar theory text book into
Chinese is almost finished:

https://paperhive.org/documents/items/Zf2Qf47i6nf2

The book will appear as an open access volume with Language Science
Press. Language Science Press is a community-based publisher and we have
a step of community proofreading in our publishing process. The idea is
that those who will read the books anyway may as well read them as early
as possible and comment on the texts.

For the Chinese text this is important since the translators did
pioneering work. Many of the concepts were translated for the first time
and new terminology was coined. So it is important that the translators
get feedback by actual practitioners of the respective theories.

This is the list of chapters and the list of those assigned to a chapter:

https://github.com/langsci/177/raw/master/proofreading.xls

We still need commentators for
phrase structure grammar,
GB,
Minimalism,
feature structures,
LFG,
CG,
HPSG,
DG,
TAG,
Model Theoretic Syntax,
Generative Capacity,
Binary branching, locality, recursion,
Empty elements
Extraction, scrambling, passive

It would be great if you could join us and comment on the book. If you
do not speak Chinese but like the idea you may forward this mail to
colleagues or join Language Science Press as proofreader for other
books. Right now we have a pool of about 300 supporters
who work as proofreaders. Anybody can be a proofreader. Students,
researchers, professors. For instance, Prof. Annie Zaenen and Prof.
Marga Reis work as proofreaders for us. Proofreaders are listed in the
books and in our Hall of Fame:

http://langsci-press.org/hallOfFame

Best wishes

        Stefan

PS: Those of you who will be at the HPSG conference in Tokyo may talk to
Antonio about Language Science Press.

St.

--
PGP welcome

Stefan Müller       Tel: (+49) (+30) 2093 9631

Institut für deutsche Sprache und Linguistik
Humboldt Universität zu Berlin
Dorotheenstraße 24
10117 Berlin

http://hpsg.hu-berlin.de/~stefan/