[HPSG-L] Do not work for / publish with Elsevier, please (like Stanford, Harvard and so on)

Stefan Müller St.Mueller at hu-berlin.de
Wed Aug 26 14:16:30 UTC 2020

Just realized that the list server throws away images. There was an
image after

> Everybody else has non-permanent positions. Germany
> is worst here:

The image is Figure 3 here:

https://hpsg.hu-berlin.de/~stefan/Pub/oa-jlm.pdf

The figure compares non-permanent staff in various university systems.

The screenshot showing the income of Wiley's CEOs is here:

https://hpsg.hu-berlin.de/~stefan/PS/Salary-Wiley-COEs-2019.png

$1,67 Mio per year minimum, $5,5 Mio per year maximum.

Of course such salaries are "normal" given the size and the success of
the company. But the question is whether we need such companies for our
publication business.

Best

    Stefan