[HPSG-L] Seeking Sources for HPSG analysis on "needs + -ed"

Elizabeth Conrad ecconrad at uw.edu
Fri Oct 15 18:20:28 UTC 2021

Hello,

I am a student at the University of Washington working on a term paper that investigates syntactic variation in the construction “needs + Past Particple” (as in The fridge needs cleaned), and also related constructions (needs cleaning, wants cleaned, etc).

I have been able to find some papers on the topic, but none discuss an analysis of this construction in the HPSG framework, and I was wondering if anyone on this mailing list would be able to point me to some useful resources.

Thanks,
Liz Conrad