[I-LanD Research Centre] The I-LanD Seminar Series - 2nd Edition

I-LanD Interuniversity Research Centre i-land at listserv.linguistlist.org
Wed Oct 19 09:20:05 UTC 2022

Dear all,

The I-LanD Research Centre is delighted to invite you to the first seminar of the I-LanD Seminar Series – 2nd Edition.

Innovative in nature, the I-LanD Seminar Series will showcase convenors debating issues in their field(s) of expertise. The seminars aim to encourage speakers to reveal insights, introduce adopted methodologies, highlight pitfalls and generally expand knowledge in a given area. Each co-host will briefly present their contribution to the theme of the seminar. At the end of each round, fellow convenors and audience members will ask questions on the topics presented in order to foster an enriching and productive discussion.

The critical approach adopted throughout each seminar aims to make these encounters a perfect opportunity for scholars to further their knowledge and take a lively part in the discussion. Young academics (e.g., PhD students, junior researchers, etc.) are actively encouraged to join in and learn more about the theoretical approaches and methodologies adopted in a given field of investigation. Students with a specific interest in the topics under discussion are also warmly encouraged to attend.

The first seminar - scheduled for Wednesday, November 9, 2022, via MS Teams from 4:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. (CET) - will centre upon the challenges of tailoring terminology to citizens' needs and the resources provided by Terminology without Borders, a collaborative project between the Terminology Coordination Unit of the European Parliament and universities.

Francesco Nacchia (University of Naples "L'Orientale") will engage in discussion with Sofia Bertini (Terminology Coordination Unit, European Parliament), Alberta Boschi (University of Naples “Parthenope”), Rodolfo Maslias (Directorate-General for Translation, European Parliament), and Federica Vezzani (University of Padua).

Join in the conversation by clicking here<https://teams.microsoft.com/l/meetup-join/19%3aG9AiHyOxKGBSISPo1SR4kduPxVEBqXO4FQlajxCq1Gs1%40thread.tacv2/1665739561692?context=%7b%22Tid%22%3a%22559af9f1-8687-431c-8ba8-6cc0da769dd4%22%2c%22Oid%22%3a%22fe30d500-7765-4191-bf6a-b07ec70f1b7b%22%7d>.