[I-LanD Research Centre] Call for Papers - 10th International Conference on Intercultural Pragmatics and Communication (INPRA) [May 30-June 1, 2024 - University of Pisa, Italy]

I-LanD Interuniversity Research Centre i-land at listserv.linguistlist.org
Mon Oct 16 14:06:59 UTC 2023

Dear all,

We are pleased to share the Call for Papers for the 10th International Conference on Intercultural Pragmatics and Communication (INPRA). The conference is scheduled to take place from May 30 to June 1, 2024, University of Pisa, Italy.

The main aim of the INPRA conference is to bring together researchers who have diverse scientific backgrounds and share the same field of interest - pragmatics, being perceived as a cognitive, philosophical, social, and intercultural perspective on language and communication. The conference promotes connections between pragmatic theory and its application in practice.
The conference welcomes contributions on the following topics:
- Pragmatics theories: neo-Gricean approaches, relevance theory, theory of mind, meaning, role of context, semantics-pragmatics interface, explicature, implicature, grammaticalisation, speech act theory, presuppositions, im/politeness, experimental pragmatics, etc.
- Experimental pragmatics: models of language and meaning, experimental techniques, scalar implicatures, reference resolution, interpretation of figurative language, etc.
- Intercultural, cross-cultural and societal aspects of pragmatics: research involving more than one language and culture or varieties of one language, variational pragmatics, lingua franca, computer mediated communication (CMC), bilinguals' and heritage speakers' language use, intercultural misunderstandings, effect of dual language and multilingual systems on the development and use of pragmatic skills, language of aggression and conflict, etc.
- Applications: usage and corpus-based approaches, pragmatic competence, teachability and learnability of pragmatic skills, pragmatic variations within one language and across languages, developmental pragmatics, cyber pragmatics, etc.

For more information and to access the Call for Papers, please, visit the INPRA conference website at https://inprapisa2024.com/.

We would appreciate any help you might be able to offer in sharing the Call for Papers with others who might be interested.

Kind regards,
Antonio Fruttaldo
International Relationship and
Communication Coordinator