Native Americans Lacking Information Resources (rpt)

coyotez coyotez at OREGON.UOREGON.EDU
Fri Dec 6 08:05:24 UTC 2002

Phil,
Here is the Microsoft statement of their programs,

http://www.microsoft.com/giving/Display.asp?Page=Building

Building Community
Microsoft supports people and communities across the U.S. where our employees
live and work to strengthen and build communities at a local level.  Through
field offices located throughout the country, Microsoft supports innovative
technology programs and projects that enhance access, strengthen nonprofits,
and foster diversity within the technology workforce.  Microsoft also supports
the organizations championed by our employees. Through cash and software
donations, employee contributions to nonprofit organizations and educational
institutions are matched dollar for dollar up to $12,000 per employee, per
year.

Our Signature Programs
It has been our privilege to partner with nonprofit organizations across the
US to create and support special initiatives that support the communities
where our employees live and Microsoft does business, to help people and
communities achieve great things.

Technology Enriched Communities
Technology Enriched Community (TEC) grants are made through Microsoft's
U.S.field offices and are local and regional in scope. TEC grants supports
innovative technology programs and projects that enhance access, strengthen
nonprofits, and foster diversity within the technology workforce. TEC projects
range from technology centers in public housing to supporting the local
chapters of national organizations.

David Lewis
Confederated Tribes of Grand Ronde
Department Of Anthropology