Native tongue

Sarah Supahan ssupahan at HUMBOLDT.K12.CA.US
Sat Apr 26 00:19:57 UTC 2003

I feel that the concern should really be for keeping the world view of
the language intact. In other words, keeping the sense of the culture
and it's expression though the language. If this can be done using
English loan words, then great . Using another tribal language may or
may not be the solution either. However, it seems that it's best to
always first turn to the original language itself to look for a way to
express the new item. After all, this has been done forever in all
languages. It is how a language grows. Don't most Native Languages now
include their own term for 'white people'?

Sarah Supahan