VIRUS IN CHEROKEE 1723 - Don't Open It. . .

Mia@RedPony miakalish at REDPONY.US
Wed Jun 11 02:43:10 UTC 2003

Don't open an email entitled "cherokee 1723" from Eric. . . my virus program
detected a particularly nasty virus, one that I had before and it took me
weeks to get rid of it.

It's the PE_BUGBEAR virus. If you already opened this, go to PC Cillin's
Housecall at http://housecall.antivirus.com/housecall/start_corp.asp and run
the virus clean-up program. You will probably have to run it a few times.

One characteristics of this virus is that your computer sounds like it's
running and running. It is making multiple copies of lots of files. It also
detects when you try to run your own virus checker, which it may well have
already corrupted.