FWD: Keyboard for Africa's Largest Spoken Mother Tongue

coyotez coyotez at OREGON.UOREGON.EDU
Thu Jun 26 17:21:30 UTC 2003

That was a great article Phil.
For those who want to read more about African language literacy and the
Decolonization of the associated issues, I recommend Ngugi wa Thiong'o's books
on the subject. He has written at least three on the decolonization of African
languages and literature and a number of fictional novels on sovereignty and
related issues. Incidently he is currently at UC Irvine and holds a position
at New York University as well. Maybe he would be a good person to invite to
the listserve. I think his perspectives and theory on African literature are
much advanced in the field of Indigenous languages and their preservation.
David

<ILAT at LISTSERV.ARIZONA.EDU> =====
>Keyboard for Africa's Largest Spoken Mother Tongue
>http://allafrica.com/stories/200306230519.html
>
>~~~
>note: this was a long article so just follow the link.  enjoy,
>Phil Cash Cash
>UofA, ILAT

David Lewis
Confederated Tribes of Grand Ronde