computer resources

Sean M. Burke sburke at CPAN.ORG
Mon Jun 30 10:29:21 UTC 2003

Some time ago, at 11:32 AM 2003-05-10 -0700, coyotez wrote:
>There are some resources being developed by individual tribes. Grand Ronde
>has a Chinook Wawa font and I have heard of other fonts available through
>other tribes for their languages. Combine this with the fact that Internet
>explorer is open to programmers to input native words on the interface.[...]

Localizing Mozilla/Netscape is apparently becoming easier and easier:
http://www.mozilla.org/projects/l10n/mlp_howto.html
I've been using their new Firebird browser, and quite liking it, both in
general and in its multilingual browsing features.  I've been wondering
lately about localizing just the few dozen common messages that constitute
the interface that one sees 95% of the time.  After all, one sees "Stop"
and "Back" and "Filename to save as:" a lot more often than "The proxy
server did not respond in the time given" etc.

--
Sean M. Burke    http://search.cpan.org/~sburke/