FW: Announcing OPS #4

Francisco Marmolejo fmarmole at U.ARIZONA.EDU
Tue Mar 4 21:10:36 UTC 2003

Dear Friends and Colleagues:

It gives me great pleasure to announce the availability of the most
recent issue of the SIT Occasional Papers Series. This fourth edition
highlights proceedings of a hemispheric conference sponsored by our PIDT
project in Guatemala that focuses on Indigenous Education. This edition,
titled La Educación Indígena en las Américas / Indigenous Education in
the Americas, is our first in the Spanish language with translations in
English. You can locate this issue by going to our website at:
http://www.sit.edu/publications/

Following a general introduction to the PIDT project known as PAEBI
(Proyecto Acceso a la Educación Bilingüe Intercultural / Project Access
to Bilingual Intercultural Education) and to the Hemispheric Conference
conducted in Guatemala with over 700 individuals (mostly indigenous
educators and practitioners from all over the Americas ~V from Canada to
Chile), you will find a collection of articles that represents a wide
array of important issues discussed at the Feria Hemisférica. The
articles are divided into three sections: the State of Indigenous
Education in the Americas, Culture and  Curriculum, and the Future of
Indigenous Peoples, followed by abstracts of other "ponencias" in a
final section.
It is our hope that this publication will help you learn more about
indigenous education, the efforts of World Learning/PIDT in one part of
the world, and the topics explored at this important conference.

Please also help us to let others know about the
academic papers that appear in this Series.

Sincerely,

Alvino E. Fantini,
OPS Series Editor

Alvino E. Fantini, Ph.D.
Department of Language Teacher Education
School for International Training
Kipling Road
Brattleboro, Vermont 05302
Tel: +1 802 258 3309