Fwd: Latin Capital Letter Turned T/K?

Don Osborn dzo at BISHARAT.NET
Fri Nov 28 12:55:26 UTC 2003

This was posted to the Unicode list just now - I repost to ILAT in case anyone
would have an answer or be interested in the question...   DZO

----- Forwarded message from "D. Starner" <shalesller at writeme.com> -----
    Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2003 03:14:34 -0800
    From: "D. Starner" <shalesller at writeme.com>
 Subject: Latin Capital Letter Turned T/K?
      To: "unicode at unicode.org" <unicode at unicode.org>

At Distributed Proofreaders <http://www.pgdp.net/>, we scan,
OCR and proof material for Project Gutenberg. We've started
to process the Annual Report of the Bureau of American ethnology,
from 1879 to 1930. The first volume has an article called
"Illustration of the method of recording Indian languages", which
has text in Omaha. This cased text has Latin Capital Letter Turned T
and Latin Capital Letter Turned K, clearly as the uppercase version
of the Latin Small .... As can probably be guessed by people who
have read enough old linguistics material, the text has no indication
of the phonetic values. Has anyone else seen these characters, and
could provide material for a submission?

How about the Latin Letters Tresillo and Cuatrillo?  Any movement
on that front?

Oh, yes, pictures of the characters: due to the miracles of modern technology,
I can include them in plain text, but you'll have to stand on your head (-:

T K

Sign-up for Ads Free at Mail.com
http://promo.mail.com/adsfreejump.htm

----- End forwarded message -----