Fw: Latin Capital Letter Turned T/K?

Don Osborn dzo at BISHARAT.NET
Sat Nov 29 02:42:11 UTC 2003

Here are two follow-ups to the questions re particular letters used in some
transcriptions of some native American languages.  There were other postings
but not a whole lot more info so I'll leave the issue with this.   DZO

1.
----- Original Message -----
From: "Peter Constable" <petercon at microsoft.com>
To: <unicode at unicode.org>
Sent: Friday, November 28, 2003 6:02 PM
Subject: RE: Latin Capital Letter Turned T/K?

On Behalf
> Of D. Starner

> Has anyone else seen these characters, and
> could provide material for a submission?

I looked through a lot of materials back in the spring for phonetic
symbols, and didn't record any instances of these.

> How about the Latin Letters Tresillo and Cuatrillo?  Any movement
> on that front?

I've had them on my list of things to propose. I was trying to find more
samples of tresillo to get a better idea of range of typographic
variation, and had just started on that when that work got interrupted
by other life events such as moving. I still need to follow up on that.

> Oh, yes, pictures of the characters...

Some samples of cuatrillo and tresillo can be found at
http://scripts.sil.org/cms/scripts/page.php?site_id=nrsi&item_id=RecentCuatrilloUse

Peter

Peter Constable
Microsoft Windows Division