Native language goes online (fwd)

Keola Donaghy keola at LEOKI.UHH.HAWAII.EDU
Mon Apr 5 02:15:40 UTC 2004

Aloha. I'm involved in the Ulukau project and on the ILAT list. Feel free
to contact me off the list for discussion.

We intentionally modelled our efforts after the Maori and chose the same
software because of the relationship of our languages, and a desire to see
it spreak to other Polynesian languages. We've been contacted by some
Native American groups as well who are interested in this model. There is
definitely the possibility of some alliances and collaborations.

Keola

Keola Donaghy
Hawaiian Language Curriculum and Technology Coordinator
Native Hawaiian Serving Institution Program
University of Hawai'i at Hilo

keola at leoki.uhh.hawaii.edu        http://www.uhh.hawaii.edu/~nhsi
Kualono                           http://www.olelo.hawaii.edu/