Teacher, Waadookodaading Ojibwe Immersion School (MN) (fwd)

Thu Apr 8 17:42:56 UTC 2004

Teacher, Waadookodaading Ojibwe Immersion School (MN)

Qualifications:
1. Highly proficient or fluent in the Ojibwe language.
2. Wisconsin certification in the field of employment
3. Course work of experience in the area of employment.
4. Strong communication and public relations skills
5. Bachelor degree from an accredited college or university.
6. Genuine love in working with youth.
7. Recommended knowledge of computers and other advanced technology.
8. Knowledge of safe working practices
9. The job descriptions may be modified upon Board approval.

Reports to: Director
Supervises: Students
Staff as assigned by Director
Terms of Employment: In accordance with Master Agreement and Board
Policy

Performance Responsibilities:

1. Shall act in accordance with defined responsibilities established
by state law and charter policies and regulations.
2. Shall comply with conditions stated in employment contract.
3. Will demonstrate punctuality, attendance and dependability in
meeting professional responsibilities required by policies and
procedures.
4. Meets state guidelines for the proper handling of classroom and
activity funds.
5. Keeps a proper inventory of all items in the teacher's care.
6. Keeps accurate, timely student records and meets administrative
deadlines.
7. Makes certain necessary information is available for carrying on
classroom activities for any required substitute teacher.
8. Works cooperatively and constructively with all staff members to
achieve common school district goals.
9. Attends professional development activities as required by the
principal or superintendent.
10. Dresses appropriately.
11. Implements the charters goals and mission objectives in the
instructional program
12. Exhibits responsible custodial care of school property.
13. Uses instructional equipment and instructional aids effectively.
14. Encourages student practice to meet required teacher, school,
language, and cultural objectives.
15. Is able to specify objectives for each lesson in the lesson plan.
16. Teaches toward the Ojibwe language, culture and state objective.
17. Provide clear directions and explanations related to each lesson.
18. Specifies teaching procedures to be used and materials
(content/media) in lesson planning.
19. Provides learner feedback throughout each lesson.
20. Maintains positive classroom behavior.
21. Assists in maintaining positive school-wide student behavior in
the hallways and lunch areas as example.
22. Demonstrates positive teacher-learner interaction.
23. Uses correct oral and written Ojbiwe expression.
24. Provides for and reinforces student-learner involvement.
25. Plans for learner's abilities, styles and rates of learning.
26. Effectively demonstrates a variety of teaching styles.
27. Has a demonstrated good knowledge level in the subject areas of
teaching which teacher is assigned.
28. Uses instructional time wisely.
29. Maintains a classroom environment that enhances learning and
creates a pleasant atmosphere with an instructional purpose.
30. Shall promptly and consistently carryout the instructions of the
Director or Board of Directors.
31. Follows the chain of command as set forth in the policies and
procedures and organizational chart of the charter in addressing
school related concerns.
32. Communicates positively with parents and the community through a
variety of means and holds designed parent conferences.
33. When assigned to supervise a program or event, will remain with
assigned students up to and including the safe departure of each of
these students. Responsible for securing school
facilities after the program/event has ended.
34. Performs such other tasks and assumes such other
responsibilities as the Director or Board of Directors may assign.

About Waadookodaading
The mission of Waadookodaading is to create fluent speakers of the
Ojibwe language who are able to meet the challenges of our rapidly
changing world. We expect that students will be grounded in local
language, culture and traditions, while aware of global concerns.  Our
aim is to foster a love of learning while teaching the skills which
will
enable students to create solutions for our community and our planet.

We are entering our fourth year as a preschool-5 charter school of
the Hayward Community Schools. Our school staff is drug and alcohol
free. All staff should be able to teach from an understanding of Ojibwe
cultural values and traditions, and through the Ojibwe language.

Submit a resume and letter of interest to:
The Waadookodaading School Board
PO Box 860, Hayward, WI  54843.
For more information call the school at:  715-634-2619 x1317
Or email: nmerrill at hayward.k12.wi.us