Government language study released (fwd)

MiaKalish@LFP MiaKalish at LEARNINGFORPEOPLE.US
Wed Dec 15 23:58:14 UTC 2004

Phil, dear? Innocence is not something I impute to people. . . especially in
this area of research. I think they are just as underhanded, sneaky and
nasty as they probably are. In a class, I once read a transcribed speech by
a women who was head of the school board, who wanted to make sure the
"little brown children" didn't do as well as their white children because
then the little brown children would be able to compete for (and probably
get) the jobs that the white kids wanted.

That really irritated me.

However, I just like to move on down the path. Basically, all my research is
showing that it doesn't have squat to do with race or color or even SES. It
has to do with MATERIALS. Heeeheee. Of course, this is not a new idea. It is
simply one that people haven't been able to test before. I am still kind of
a hardscrabble activist. I just do it differently these days because boy,
quantitative power will knock these people out of the box every time. See?
And you thought I was being sweet!

Thanks for the nice thoughts anyway. Hope you are having fun out there. I
think fondly of my days at AILDI and hope someday to make it back. Maybe
when I really famous, eh?

best ever,
Mia