Fwd: "Bilingual Aesthetics: A New Sentimental Education"

Don Osborn dzo at BISHARAT.NET
Fri Jun 4 02:28:28 UTC 2004

Of possible interest...   DZO

--- In code-switching at yahoogroups.com, Doris Sommer <dsommer at f...>
wrote:
Dear Code Switching list,

May I call your attention to my new book,

Bilingual Aesthetics: A New Sentimental Education (Duke UP, 2004)

It argues for the aesthetic, political, philosophical and
psychological enhancements of living in more than one language, in an
effort to develop more interest among monolinguals and to reinforce
the option of "partial assimilation," that is acquiring a new culture
without banishing another.

Than you, Doris Sommer

At 04:53 AM 6/2/2004 +0000, you wrote:
>This item from the Linguist list may be of interest...
>
>Don Osborn
>Bisharat.net

>Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2004 11:08:09 -0400 (EDT)
>From: Angela Bartens <angela.bartens at h...>
>Subject: Languages in Contact: The Partial Restructuring of
>Vernaculars
>

>Holm, John (2004) Languages in Contact: The Partial Restructuring of
>Vernaculars, Cambridge University Press.
>
>Announced at http://linguistlist.org/issues/15/15-527.html

. . .