Native Languages and 'science'

MM Smith mona at ALLIESMEDIAART.COM
Mon Mar 8 19:32:47 UTC 2004

I humbly precede this by saying that I am curious, not an expert, and
can only glimpse the ideas. Too, I know nothing of the wasicun linguist
who's site I sampled and pasted here, but am hoping the ideas will add
to the discussion.

The question seems to need to move quickly beyond what words exist in a
given language for a given western scientific or mathematical concept,
but rather how do Native languages relate to indigenous ways of
describing the 'cosmos.'

http://www.enformy.com/dma-ql03.htm

In reference to a conference between some Native people and some
scientists in 1992?