microsoft

MiaKalish@LFP MiaKalish at LEARNINGFORPEOPLE.US
Fri Nov 12 21:10:23 UTC 2004

There is an interesting issue with the language extension here, at least for
Apache speakers. The majority of the Apache speakers are Elders, who don't
know much about technology. The technologists are younger people who don't
know Apache. The concepts fall in the cracks. We see this in English in
places where companies hire English majors to write their documentation, and
since the writers don't know technology, the documentation is seldom more
than a polished version of the spec.

Mia

----- Original Message -----
From: "Sandra Andrews" <sandra at ASU.EDU>
To: <ILAT at LISTSERV.ARIZONA.EDU>
Sent: Friday, November 12, 2004 12:00 PM
Subject: Re: microsoft

We have Linux people here (at ASU) who are really interested in this idea
and have been discussing it for awhile. We would want partners of course,
native speakers and others, and I think some sort of funding. OSX is an
interface to Linux in a sense so we are thinking that one would be as good
as the other. :-)

Sandy

Sandra Sutton Andrews
Digital Media and Instructional Technologies
Arizona State University

Lewis