microsoft

Sean M. Burke sburke at CPAN.ORG
Thu Nov 18 23:00:04 UTC 2004

At 06:33 AM 2004-11-18, MiaKalish at LFP wrote:
>This also creates issues around sorting, because you don't want to sort
>c-h-' [...] , you want to sort "ch'", all-one-character.

To the contrary: my experience with making dictionaries of Native languages
is that Natives find such sort orders to be unhelpful.  So I use a sort
order that discards apostrophes and ignores the accents (and treats l-bar
as l, etc), and this had made Native users of the dictionaries quite happy.

--
Sean M. Burke    http://search.cpan.org/~sburke/