New technology improves syllabics on the web (fwd)

MiaKalish@LFP MiaKalish at LEARNINGFORPEOPLE.US
Mon Oct 11 17:21:22 UTC 2004

> Another issue is the order of diacritics added to the base characters,
which can
> be important for searching, sorting, etc.

This is not a problem with pre-composed characters, but opens issues of
protocols (which can be violated) and meta-font interfaces. (I just made up
meta-font, and what it means is that the composed characters are "globbed
together" and given a new reference, rendering the sequence of aggregation
moot.)

Thanks, Don, for your throught-provoking comments.

Mia