John Bransford?

MiaKalish - LFP MiaKalish at LEARNINGFORPEOPLE.US
Mon Sep 27 13:38:09 UTC 2004

Hi, Ilse,

I looked up your company. You make quite a number of language learning products. They seem to me a bit expensive, though, especially for the Indigenous learner. How will the new products be priced?

Also, I didn't see any "try before you buy" downloads. How do they work?

Thanks, and thanks for your kind words. Sometimes the list is so quiet, I'm not sure anyone is there, but I am very glad to see there is.

Mia

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Ilse Ackerman
  To: ILAT at LISTSERV.ARIZONA.EDU
  Sent: Monday, September 27, 2004 6:41 AM
  Subject: Re: John Bransford?

  On Sep 25, 2004, at 8:49 AM, MiaKalish - LFP wrote:

    One more question: Does anyone know the work of John Bransford? I just noticed that he has quite a collection of books on computer supported learning, the psychology of learning, etc, and I wondered if people have combined any of this with L&C Revitalization, or multi-lingual educational materials.

    Maybe just one more question: Does anyone out there work on multi-lingual educational materials? Computer-based?

  Dear Mia,

  I've enjoyed reading your posts. I work on computer-based immersion software for language revitalization. Two indigenous language projects are underway, about six months from completion. The software has been successful for teaching mainstream languages, and I'm eager to see the results in the Mohawk and Iñupiaq communities.

  Best wishes on your move and studies....

  ilse
  Ilse Ackerman
  Program Manager
  Endangered Language Program