Language instruction and technology

Garry Forger gforger at EMAIL.ARIZONA.EDU
Mon Sep 27 19:51:11 UTC 2004

I had the privilege of working with Sue Penfield and Phil Cash Cash
here at the Learning Technologies Center of the University of Arizona
on Sueâ~@~Ys Gates Foundation grant dealing with Native Language Teaching
and Preservation using technology.  The project looked at a variety of
ways that technology can be used towards this end.  As part of the
project we created the Online Language Environments website
http://www.ole.arizona.edu

While by no means comprehensive, we intend for this site to collect
and disseminate information on technology that supports language
instruction, preservation and research.  There is also information
on this site about a tool that we are developing and testing, the
OLE Board, which is a tool based on Macromedia technology to enable
voice, video and text to be used for online instruction.

At this time the focus of the site is the University of Arizona,
but we are adding more information on sites outside our institution.

Please feel free to browse the site send me any comments on additions
and improvements or big gaps that we missed.

Thank you, Garry Forger

--

"There's many a knave concealed under a surplice."
Danish Proverb

______________________
Garry J. Forger, MLS
Assistant Director