Tribal Archives, Libraries and Museums: Preserving Our Language, Memory and Lifeways (fwd)

phil cash cash pasxapu at DAKOTACOM.NET
Wed Apr 20 17:16:38 UTC 2005

Tribal Archives, Libraries and Museums:  Preserving Our Language,
Memory and Lifeways
National Conference II
May 24-27, 2005

Please join us at the second national conference of tribal archives,
libraries and museums.  Modeled after our previous national and
regional gatherings, the conference will create a network of support
for tribal cultural institutions and programs; articulate contemporary
issues related to the development of tribal libraries, archives and
museums and encourage collaboration among tribal and non-tribal
cultural institutions. The goals of the conference will be achieved
through plenary sessions with keynote speakers, information and
resource tables, concurrent panels, affinity breakfasts, group meals
and special events.

Registration fee includes: all conference meals, breaks, ground
transportation to special events, and conference materials.
Registrations received after May 13 will not be processed and on-site
registration will be required.

Conference Program
The program contains detailed information on each day of the conference
including speakers and panel descriptions.

Post-Conference Workshop
A post-conference workshop entitled, "Language and Technology" will be
held on Friday, May 27 from 1:45 - 5:00 pm.

Conference Hotel
A block of rooms have been reserved at the Phoenix Marriott Mesa, 200
N. Centennial Way, Mesa, Arizona at the special rate of $79.00 (single
or double occupancy plus applicable taxes).  Mention the Tribal
Archives, Libraries and Museums National Conference when making your
reservations to receive the special rate. Deadline for hotel
reservations is April 25, 2005. After this date rooms at the special
rate will be subject to availability. Make your reservations early by
calling (480) 898-8300.

Click on this link for all information, registration form, etc.:
http://www.statemuseum.arizona.edu/aip/leadershipgrant/natlconf/
index.shtml

For further information, you may contact:

Alyce Sadongei or Susan Secakuku
TALM National Conference
(520) 621-4500, (520) 626-9448
sadongei at email.arizona.edu
secakuku at aol.com

Alyce Sadongei
Assistant Curator for Native American Relations
Arizona State Museum
University of Arizona
Tucson, AZ 85721-0026
http://www.statemuseum.arizona.edu