slightly scary but nevertheless interesting technology #1 of 2

Smith mona at ALLIESMEDIAART.COM
Thu Apr 28 16:07:03 UTC 2005

We used speakers very much like these (bet they were these) in the
installation at the History Center (Cloudy Waters: Dakota Reflections
on the River). We used motion detection, too, so that when someone
walked underneath the speaker they would hear - either the names of the
38 hung in Mankato in 1862 combined with water sounds - or brief
information about Dakota history.  They are freaky...ummmmm...you hear
the voices in your head, not your ears.  It's a power that should only
be used for good.
http://gmr.typepad.com
Marty's blog-in-progress