Request

David Gene Lewis coyotez at DARKWING.UOREGON.EDU
Fri Apr 29 19:31:25 UTC 2005

Klahowya Tillikums and Bostons,

I'm looking for some good references to research and theory on
archives and social memory. I'm trying to get ahold of a few volumes
of the History of the Human Sciences, from 1998 and 1999. These seem
rare on the west coast and expensive through Sage.
specifically,

Irving Velody, ‘The Archive and the Human Sciences’, History of
the Human Sciences 11 (1998), 1-16
    (introduction to two special issues on archives and memory which
include a number of
    useful papers on history, museums, archives, and institutions in
relation to memory)

and I understand there is also a special volume for 1999 on archives
too.
Any references would be appreciated.

David Lewis
University of Oregon