Synchronized Multimedia Integration Language (fwd)

phil cash cash pasxapu at DAKOTACOM.NET
Wed Dec 28 17:11:28 UTC 2005

Hi Mia, everybody,

I offered a short SMIL workshop to an unsuspecting and patient group of
tribal folks at the Great Basin Languages conference earlier this fall.
  The workshop generously failed because it was all about coding, but in
principle ;-) one could code a movie (.mov, .rm) using only a plain
text editor, a few media files (.jpeg, .wav, .bmp) and some
imagination.
the goal here was to allow the student to use a SMIL template as a
reusable "learning object" and create a set of movies linking various
media files.  After this experience, I am back to the drawing board,
but I am piecing together a tutorial that I may/will post to my webpage
someday and have people test out.

later,
Phil Cash Cash